WHAT WE DO
THE ΤΕΛΟΣ SOCIETY | TTS takes from the work of Deleuze, particularly pursuing a creative method of ‘virtual pragmatics’ and ‘topological thinking’ - TTS is oriented to discovering the means to sculpt the virtual space of societies, systems, and ecosystems. That is, the telos - the innate coordinating forces or ‘phase space’ of a distributed and layered dynamical systems. Transdisciplinary at its core, TTS embraces the notion of metamodernism, as expressed by David Foster Wallace.
Telos will accommodate and encourage opposing notions in the same discourse, acknowledging the existence of multiple perspectives and contradicting beliefs within the same consciousness. These forces, which have remained invisible, unintelligible or idealized must now be brought into the realm of artistic and scientific pragmatics as a means to deconstruct subjectivity towards a post-human reality - which is now not only necessary but imminent to all life on this planet. How do we approach such a deep ontological and epistemological shift?
This is the core interest of ΤΗΕ ΤΕΛΟΣ SOCIETY - exploring the liminal spaces of experience as the means to freedom for those unified in their differentiation. Advocacy is by no means an easy feat, but through cooperation and community empowerment we believe we can facilitate progress in this area. We are always striving to make a difference, and invite you to learn more and lend your support.
THE ΤΕΛΟΣ SOCIETY is encouraging, facilitating, and participating in independent, transdisciplinary research on subjects related to TTS' mission. THE initial ΤΕΛΟΣ SOCIETY will monopolise the interest of the organisation for 2020 - 2021.
Leeza Ahmady, Independent Curator & Director of Asia Contemporary Art Forum, United States
Sabih Ahmed, Curator & Researcher, India
Adela Demetja, Artist & Curator, Director of Tirana Art Lab, Albania|Germany
Hajo Doorn, Creative Producer | Artist | Art Investor, Holland
Ayman A. El-Desouky, Professor of Comparative Literature, Qatar
Dr. George Heropoulos, Research Director at the Institute of Chemical Biology, The National Hellenic Research Foundation, Greece
Driss Ksikes, Writer | Playwright | Media | Culture Scholar, Morocco
Brandon LaBelle, Artist & Writer, Germany|Norway|United States
Stefano Masserini, Semiotics & Mass-Media Researcher, Austria|Italy
Marilli Mastrantoni, Performer | Director | Dramaturge | Creative Producer | Director of ENTROPIA, Greece
Adelheid Mers, Artist/Educator, United States
Serkan Ozkaya, Artist, United States
Kutloano Skosana Ricci, Editor-in-chief, Afrohavn, Denmark
Hector Vargas, Artist, Mexico
Georgia Zouni, Tourism and Cultural Marketing | Council of Europe Expert, Greece
THE ΤΕΛΟΣ SOCIETY (hereinafter referred to as "we," "us," or "our") welcomes you to www.thetelossociety.com (hereinafter referred to as the "Website"). By accessing or using our Website, you agree to comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
1. Information We Collect | We collect and maintain the following information: Email Addresses: We collect email addresses only when visitors voluntarily subscribe to our mailing list or contact us.
2. How We Collect Information | We collect email addresses through a manual subscription process. Visitors must willingly provide their email addresses to join our mailing list or by writing to us.
3. Purpose of Information Collection | Notifications about special launches or publications on our website.
4. How We Use and Store Information | We utilize Wix's mailing list service to manage and store email addresses securely. The information is solely used for sending newsletters and relevant updates to our users. We do not store this information on our server.
5. Sharing Information with Third Parties | We do not share subscribers' email addresses with any third parties.
6. Retention of Information | We retain email addresses for as long as visitors wish. Email addresses will be promptly removed from our list upon request.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
THE ΤΕΛΟΣ SOCIETY (hereinafter referred to as "we," "us," or "our") welcomes you to www.thetelossociety.com. By accessing or using our Website, you agree to comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2. Intellectual Property | All content on our Website, including but not limited to text, images, artwork, and design, is protected by copyright and intellectual property rights owned by us. You may not reproduce, distribute, or use any content from our Website without our prior written consent.
4. User Conduct | By using our Website, you agree to: Refrain from engaging in any malicious activities, such as hacking or spamming. Comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Use the Website for lawful and legitimate purposes only.
5. Liability and Disclaimer | We provide information on our Website for general informational purposes only. We make no representations or warranties regarding the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of the content. You use our Website at your own risk, and we are not liable for any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies on the Website.
6. Governing Law and Jurisdiction | These Terms and Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Greece and the European Union (EU). Any legal disputes arising from the use of our Website shall be resolved exclusively in the courts of Greece.